Sports Therapy is a professional qualification which gives the practitioner the skills to examine, assess and treat a range of musculo-skeletal injuries. These injuries often, but not always, occur within a sports environment as a result of falls, collisions or overtraining.
Although some of these injuries will not initially stop you training, they can create unnecessary pain and if left untreated, could lead to a longer period away from your sport.
We would advise talking to one of our experts to get the right treatment for you, but examples of some conditions Sports Therapy can be beneficial in treating are:
- Muscular strains
- Ligament sprains
- Plantar Fasciitis
- Shoulder impingement
- ITB Syndrome
- Jumpers/Runners Knee
- Plus many more
Treatment techniques used:
- Sports Massage
- Taping – we will often tape affected joints and muscles using prophylactic or kinesiology taping methods, to either restrict movement or enhance recovery
- Stretching- to improve range of movement in muscles
- Mobilisation – to improve range of movement in joints
- Ultrasound – using sound waves to affect tissue and “excite” cells to improve recovery
- Improved recovery time from injury, getting you back to the activities you love in shortest, safest possible time
- Up to date knowledge and skills from experts so you save time and money with your recovery time.
- No ‘one size fits all’ – your treatment plan will be designed for you and help you get back to fitness as soon as possible
Book an appointment today – Click Here to Book Today